Sunday, November 2, 2008

Hair, shabu shabu and Atria.

My hair is starting to stick out at the ends now so that I have to blow it inwards after my showers if I want to go out with it looking presentable. Burden hair. I've started tying it up into a baby little ponytail! I like the way my hair looks with the side fringe my straight fringe has grown into although it is getting rather long and won't stay in place nicely all the time.



Here's what I mean about my fringe and ponytail. Really like this picture! I think it looks good only because my face doesn't look it's usual state of roundness because I'm sucking on that pipe...

I wanted to have more pictures of me taken last night because I liked the way my hair looked but I think Sammy thinks I hog the camera too much so I put my vain thoughts out of my head. I really like the few pictures that were taken though so yay! :D A few good pictures always make me happy.

Dinner with Don's family was at this new Shabu Shabu place at OU. Ohhhh boyy it was so extremely satisfying. The prawns had that sweetish taste you get when they're fresh, the service was very good with the one waiter who served us always saying welcome with a smile when I said thank you and offering us service (you know how they don't usually put themselves into extra trouble by offering), and we got FREE DESSERT! Some pudding thing that I super liked.. I'd go there just to have it if I could.

They put us in a special room because the tables outside were fully taken, so we got a TV. Phua Chu Kang was on first hehe I've really missed watching it, and after the news, this Malaysian series came on which was, not being sarcastic here, pretty exciting! It was kind of like CSI, Malaysian style. One of the lead guy actors sucked.. he couldn't act at all, but otherwise, it really surprised me. It had a mostly Malay cast but their lines were mainly in English and their English was good. Of course there's no comparing it to like CSI at all but for Malaysian standards.. O.O I have to start watching NTV7 at 10 on Sunday nights. Left before the show ended so I have no idea who dug the poor girl's eyes out and why..

I spent the afternoon with my dad, we went to Atria. I think I'll be going there more after today for 2 reasons. One, there's this huge bookstore selling books at super discounts. Take the Shopaholic books for example, they go for RM18. The Belgariad and Mallorean books are selling at RM10 each!! and they go for like RM34 elsewhere. Freaking amazing it's crazy. Plus it's not a temporary book sale thing.. it's an actual store. They don't sort the books though so you kind of have to roam through the whole store looking for what you want but you know.. who cares at all, considering the prices.

Two, there's this big shop where Parkson used to be that sells many interesting things that I've never discovered being sold anywhere else. You know how when you buy stationery like Pilot pens they come in this clear plastic wrapping with adhesive at one end, and when you buy testpad sometimes it's in that clear fit-to-size wrapping with the adhesive at the back as well.. they sell that clear wrap with the adhesive in all sizes! Also, you know the plastic thing that attaches price tags onto items.. they have that! Soo interesting. If I'd had more time I'm sure I'd have discovered more curiosities.

I hope Atria doesn't shut down anytime soon.

After that my dad and I went to the pasar malam. My dad felt lucky because we found a good parking spot when parking's usually very hard to find there, so he went to buy Toto tickets after we were done with the fruits. He let me choose 2 number combinations hehe.

Hmm so like I said, P2 study plan.. super fail. Must pay full attention in class! Extremely unlikely I'll be able to though, no matter how hard I try- it's just Menon and her crazy long stretches of class (think 5 hours) without breaks.

0 comments: