Thursday, November 6, 2008

FATE!


  • that Menon ended class at 5pm today instead of her usual 6-7pm.
  • that I decided to go home right after instead of staying at college (Sunway) til about 9pm like I've done the past 4 days.
  • that I listened to the radio instead of my Ipod on my drive home (the odds of that are about 35%).

  • that Kin's eye hurt so bad he had to go home from HELP (where he's been studying for his exams) this afternoon instead of leaving at night like he's been doing since Tuesday.
  • that he went to a cafe to study instead and was driving back (I think), at the same time I was driving.

  • that we were both listening to 89.9fm (The Business Channel- it's new) on the radio.
  • that the interview we were listening to was being done with Azran Osman Rani, the CEO of AirAsia X .
  • that it was about AirAsia X's new route to LONDON.
  • that the London flights are due to start in March, JUNE being the latest.



He called me in the middle of the interview to tell me what he'd heard, and I said I was listening to the same thing. WHAT ARE THE ODDS!

Our UK trip next year is like.. the next big thing in our lives. Hahaha. I think it comes up at least once in all our conversations now. How much money we need, how we might get that money, when we're going to go, what we're going to do there, how we're going to get there (since he'll be in Australia and I'll be flying from Malaysia), etc.. all the rough details.

It's such a huge thing for us seeing we have like.. zero income.
Imagine our excitement when out of nowhere came this interview (that the both of us happened to be listening to at the same time) about AirAsia's new cheap route to London that's going to be launched right before our trip!

I've been reading up online all the articles I can find about the topic since I got home.


Some excerpts:



"Malaysia’s Air Asia X was this week in final talks with Stansted Airport (Jox: I looked this up, it's the 3rd busiest airport in the UK) to launch the service, with fares from £350 return (omg only about RM 2500 max?). A pre-Christmas launch had been hoped for, but the first of the six flights a week will now begin next year.

Air Asia X is part-owned by Sir Richard Branson and is a subsidiary of Air Asia, the region’s biggest budget airline.

It is looking good, we are just finalising negotiations,” said Tony Fernandes, Air Asia’s chief executive. Mr Fernandes said that flights could start in March, adding that they would definitely commence by June next year.

Air Asia X is banking on appealing to business travellers to fill a front cabin of 58 premium economy seats to offset the lower-priced economy seats at the back of the aircraft. Both sets of passengers will have to pay for food, but there will be seat-back entertainment screens (not too shabby..) in both cabins."

--Telegraph.co.uk on July 29, 2008



"A route between Kuala Lumpur and Melbourne is due to start on Nov 12 and flights to the UK are due to start on March 9."

--Bangkokpost.com on November 5, 2008

HERE I COME BABY! And Vinx and Shae. :D

0 comments: