Sunday, November 2, 2008

KL fooding.

Kin brought Sammy and I on a KL tour yesterday. I wasn't supposed to go out at all at all this weekend.. told myself I was to study P2 super hardcore because the EDC's starting this Monday and lasting til Thursday and I like to be prepared for EDCs cos I think they're a whole lot more useful when I know what the lecturer is talking about. Sigh sigh sigh.. my P2 study plan failed. Wasn't productive at college yesterday when I was there from 1 til 6 (I only read about half of IAS 39) and today I decided to spend with family because I don't think I'll be seeing them much the next 4 days since my classes are going to be from 9am til 7pm. Such torture.. I only mind it for P2 because I bloody hate the subject and I don't like the lecturer. Didn't put them together cos hate seems like too strong a word for Ms. Menon although sometimes I really, really, really dislike her.

Kin brought us to Wai Sek Kai at KL. This small little lorong. At least it seemed like it.. it's bigger once you're on it with food stalls on both sides. It's not too bad cleanliness-wise, am so thankful I didn't see any rats scampering around, cockroaches either for that matter.

First we queued for fried chicken. Had to wait because they were frying a new batch. When Kin ordered he asked for kai yik and kai pei instead of kai yik and tai pei. So instead of the big-sounding 'peha L' that we wanted off the signboard we only got a chicken wing and a drumstick. :( It was yummy though I liked the crispy skin. I think we paid RM4.50 for our chicken.

When we sat down at a table a drink auntie came to us and rambled off a list of drinks in Chinese.. many different kinds of Chinese cooling herbal drinks I think they were. I can't remember the names of others, I'd never heard of any. Sammy knew what lok mei was and ordered it and said it was cold and sweet so I took it too. They were RM1.70 and came in bowls with each having one baby egg, one longan, barley seeds and some other stuff that I don't eat but the both of them finished up.

Kin ordered curry chee cheong fan from another stall and made me try some. I don't usually eat chee cheong fan but he said this one wasn't stuffed inside so it was just like curry hor fun. I like curry hor fun so I tried it. It wasn't bad. I would have it again.

After finishing what we had we walked down the rest of the lorong but didn't feel like having anything else from there so left, not before Kin tapaued a packet of salai sui. He said it was very good and asked us to try it but I didn't want to because it was green and looked & seemed like it'd taste like kat zhai shun mui. I was right. Sammy tried it and said it was sourish and tasted like it had celery in it. Salailei sui more like. Eww. Kin finished up the packet on his own grumbling all the way in the car (we were on the way to Peel Road because we were still hungry) because I refused to try it and Sammy refused to have any more.

At the hawker place on Peel Road opposite Queen's Park we were conned into ordering Fukkien mai fan min for RM6 that we didn't finish because we didn't really want it in the first place. I had 2 pieces of siew kai yik.. yup more chicken. Sammy had some popiah. Poor Kin had to eat up most of the mee.

Ampang after that, to our new favorite place, Al-Andalus where shisha sells for RM6. 2nd best place after the one we used to go to at Hartamas that sadly, closed down. At 11 I got hungry and ordered the lamb kebab. I didn't realise there were two lamb kebabs in the menu.. one for RM8 and one for RM18. They delivered the more expensive one. Ok, first and last splurge of the month! I'm always so tempted to order food there cos their grilled meat is so good.. zomg fat Jox.

Home by 12.30am because we started out so early for dinner at 7pm. Some of the others are unpunctual mostly so I usually get home later. I like the convenience of getting home early because my parents don't scold me and I don't feel bad.

Wordy wordy post. :) Teehee I think they're gonna be like that now on because I'd like reading about my past in detail in the future. More later, probably when I get home from dinner with Donald's parents.

0 comments: