Monday, November 17, 2008

Marcus the cactus.

Hello!
hELLO!

Hehehehe. Oookay. Hello. Don and I are ok again! We were in a bit of a fight the past 3 days.. which is pretty long for one of our fights I think. It feels so weird talking to him after not talking to him for 3 days. Seems like it's been ages! I'm glad we're talking again.

He's been sick though.. poor boy. Sleeping now. Called me a while ago but I couldn't talk to him because I was on a drive with my brother behind the wheel. His driving exam is tomorrow and he's not quite near competent yet, so it would've been a little dangerous to not pay attention to him driving. I'm sure he's doing better than I was when I started though- I was chicken shit. I know now how my mom felt teaching me. My heart jumped a few times- when he drove extremely near to this parked car that I thought we were gonna scratch for sure, and whenever he made sharp turns because he likes to stick to the passenger side of the road and it always seems like we're gonna crash into the curb.

Things I said most in the car:
'Keep right keep right keep right'
'Just release the clutch slowly'
'More oil, more oil, press more...'
'2nd gear...'

Well good luck boy. You can do it!

Today was the last of my three consecutive days of 9am-6.30pm classes with Mr Marcus. Rumour rumour (something he says) is that he's going to stop lecturing and leave Sunway next year to work in another industry. He's not allowed to tell it to us outright, something about work ethics and loyalty to his boss, Mr Teo, but he dropped a number of hints in class today.

For one, he brought a digicam and took pictures of us and then told a student to take pictures of him pretending to teach us. It was so funny. He picked up some notes and a marker pen and stood in front of class posing while we laughed. After that he said that he still had 162 pictures worth of memory left and that he'd like it if any of us wanted to get a picture with him after class. I wanted to!!! but I was alone in the class and it would've been weird going up to him all by myself...

I'll miss him. I don't think he's great at teaching his subject, but I really like him as a lecturer. He cracks me up.

He doesn't like using the whiteboard much so he uses the computer and projector. He's fond of Paint. Teehee.

His cute shark! I couldn't resist taking a picture of it. Hahaha. The big shark is supposed to be IBM and that tiny fish in front of it some other small company. He said that the shark wouldn't care if the little fish tried to expand it's market share because it was so small it wouldn't affect the shark at all.



















The artist in action. He doesn't usually dress in body hugging shirts like that. Saturday was the exception. He looked more handsome than usual hahaha.



















You can't really see it here but he's actually in the middle of the rows of seats. He was checking a piece of work we were supposed to do and he realised it was unfair that he only always looked at the work of the people sitting at the end of rows and at the front and back because that's where he can reach to pick up papers, so he walked to the front of the hall and climbed over the first table row so that he could get to the middle people. Then he climbed to the 2nd row.. and the 3rd.. and a few more. Hahaha. Really funny.


Here he's standing on a chair because he said he was too short to reach the top of the board. He's the tallest among Mr Goh, Menon and Mr Teo and he commented about their heights in complaining about the board.


He likes to make the class vote on stuff like which answer we think is right and always not everyone votes, so he made us write down our answer on paper



















and hold it up for him to see. I really like how he never complains about us and how he makes a joke out of everything as opposed to Menon who screams at us when we don't give her the response she wants.


Another one of his artworks.
The top row shows the traditional supply chain of a book seller. It goes from a factory, to a publishing house, to a ship for export, to a retail shop, to an end user (that last thing on the row is a head).
The bottom is the new supply chain due to e-business. The first picture is a satellite and the 2nd is a person at his computer desk. Hhehe. He was talking about how books are becoming e-books.

I respect that he's NEVER moody, never completely serious and never naggy. I hated him when we first met him in in 1.3 2 years ago but somehow that's changed entirely. I'll miss you Mr Marcus!

Wish I had a picture with him! >=/
Oh jah forgot to mention, he has a blog. Aha. Oh and about the blog title, Marcus was talking about Mr Goh's nickname in college, Mr Goh Leng Chai, then said he had a nickname too. Marcus the cactus, given by Mr Dinesh. So cute la omg.

0 comments: